We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and contest participants; this policy outlines how we will manage your personal information.
- Collection of Personal Data
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data for the term of the Trinity River Photo Contest and the Trinity River Corridor Project which is part of the Trinity Watershed Management Department of the City of Dallas, the information will not be passed on or utilized by other City of Dallas entities:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including your name, e-mail address, telephone number, postal address, and company details);
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website including information relating to any uploads of information or data entry created by using our templates;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our Website services, e-mail notifications and/or newsletters; and
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
A cookie consists of information sent by a Web Server to a Web Browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may send you cookies which may be stored on by your browser on your computer's hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookies in the administration of this Website, to improve the Website's usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognize your computer when you visit our Website, and to personalize our Website for you.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
- Using Personal Data
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the Website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalizing the Website;
- enable your use of the services available on the Website;
- send to you downloads purchased via the Website;
- send you general (non-marketing) communications;
- send you e-mail notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications (relating to our project which we think may be of interest to you) by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by e-mail or similar technology;
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users - but this information will not be used to identify any individual user; and
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the Website.
- Other Disclosures
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
- Data Security
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers.
Of course, data transmission over the Internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot fully guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet, however, we will make every reasonable effort.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
- Policy Amendments
- Your Rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to payment of a fee. At this time, there is not a fee.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time.
- Updating Your Information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.